ASTRONOMERS: 'WE WERE WRONG! 100 BILLION HABITABLE EARTH-LIKE PLANETS IN THE MILKY WAY ALONE'

Encounters of the 4th Kind. Discussions about Extraterrestrials, The UFO Phenomenon and more!
CosmicSentry
Ascended
United States of America

ASTRONOMERS: 'WE WERE WRONG! 100 BILLION HABITABLE EARTH-LIKE PLANETS IN THE MILKY WAY ALONE'

Post by CosmicSentry » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:41 pm

The previous hypothesis was closer to 17 billion, a substantial difference. Using this new data and considering the nearly 500 billion galaxies in the universe leads to a staggering possibility- something like 50 sextillion planets that could contain life as we know it. The process employed to estimate the new numbers is called gravitational microlensing. It is currently being used at Mt. John Observatory by a team of New Zealand, and Japanese scientists called MOA. Gravitational microlensing’s ability to detect objects under extremely low or no light conditions makes it a more exact tool when compared to apparent magnitude, the previously used technique. READ MORE: http://www.disclose.tv/news/astronomers ... way/139756
http://www.disclose.tv/news/astronomers ... way/139756

ZenInformer
Disciple
Great Britain

Re: ASTRONOMERS: 'WE WERE WRONG! 100 BILLION HABITABLE EARTH-LIKE PLANETS IN THE MILKY WAY ALONE'

Post by ZenInformer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:40 am

Good find Cosmic. We need more astronomy related content here at the forums. My doom receptors are quite overloaded at the momment lol. :lol:

MasterZ
Disciple
United States of America

Re: ASTRONOMERS: 'WE WERE WRONG! 100 BILLION HABITABLE EARTH-LIKE PLANETS IN THE MILKY WAY ALONE'

Post by MasterZ » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:16 pm

ZenInformer wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:40 am
Good find Cosmic. We need more astronomy related content here at the forums. My doom receptors are quite overloaded at the momment lol. :lol:
Me too lol