Would you mind Guests posting on the Forums?

Use this forum to post any suggestions or feedback regarding DeepEther Productions.
Grand_Master
Site Admin
United States of America

Would you mind Guests posting on the Forums?

Post by Grand_Master » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Hello all again! I've been tweaking the anti-spam measures for the site and have notice a significant decrease in bot registrations and spammers. This is very good and shows the measures I've implemented are helping deter unwanted spam. So, right now in our effort to attract more traffic to the site, I believe it would be great if guests can post topic and join our community in all sorts of discussions. Of course they would not share the same privileges as a registered user, so they would have a greater incentive to register and join the forum. Let me know what you guys think. :)

CosmicSentry
Ascended
United States of America

Re: Would you mind Guests posting on the Forums?

Post by CosmicSentry » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:27 pm

I'd say go for it. One thing I notice about forums that don't allow guest to post Is that most of the content on there is mediocre our "average" to say the least. We need a lot of diverse opinions and pretty much a friendly, open community to convince people to join.

CosmicSentry
Ascended
United States of America

Post by CosmicSentry » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Also, good job on cutting out the spam. This is a good start for this forum and shows you dont't play around. 8-)

Grand_Master
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Grand_Master » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:41 pm

CosmicSentry wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 pm
Also, good job on cutting out the spam. This is a good start for this forum and shows you dont't play around. 8-)
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.

LostArbiter
Disciple
New Zealand

Post by LostArbiter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:14 pm

I think this will be a good idea. Most forums don't allow guests to posts and that kind hurts chances of people wanting to join in community discussions. Of course we can't let obnoxious trolls or shills just spam away, but we should allow moderate differentiating views to have a say.

PrimeOfTruth
Disciple
Great Britain

Post by PrimeOfTruth » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:20 pm

It would be great if they can. I know most people get turned off if they need to register to participate in the forum. Just give them limited access, but also explain the advantages and privileges of being a registered user.